Friday, August 9, 2024

Hanging Out on Main Street

I hung out on Ridgefield's Main Street for a while with a camera and a coffee.  I watched passersby.

A boy walking with his mother and sister decided to skip at just the right moment.


Lots of people take their dogs for walks on Main Street.


Two women approached.  One wore a tee shirt reading "2012 U.S. Open."

A police officer who passed the coffee shop where I was sitting said that 35 kids from a police-operated summer camp were having ice cream up the street.  I saw them lining up for a photo, so I found an inconspicuous place to stand.  Click!  I sneaked a photo of my own.

Yesterday I sat at a different coffee shop.  If they are not aware that I am taking their photograph, I  try to do street photographs in ways that the subjects are just forms, not identifiable people.

2 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Yes, unless you engage them in conversation and continue taking photos, you just end up with a lot of grinning fools!

Taken For Granted said...

You are doing a kind of street photography called ambush. Using it can produce some wonderful images as you have demonstrated. Coffee and a camera, a perfect combination.