Saturday, September 27, 2014

Stairs

Looking through the archives, I realized I had some nice photographs of stairs
that have not yet been seen on this blog.  Here are three that I like.


The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston is a grand Italianate palace built by 
a wealthy Bostonian to house her art collection.  There is a new modern addition.
I waited for someone to come down the stairs of the modern addition.


This is the Caldwell Hart Colt Memorial in Hartford.  I followed a man up the stairs.


The Cameron Gallery is an outbuilding on the property of Catherine Palace in Pushkin, Russia,
half an hour out of St. Petersburg.  Alas, the entrance is roped off,
so I could not place anyone on the stairs.

17 comments:

Andy said...

In this case it was worth while to revisit your archives. I like the first one the best.

Mersad said...

The interior is quite striking with the golden lights. Love your photos!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Luis Gomez said...

Gorgeous!

Sharon said...

What a great variety from modern to classical and all very lovely.

Michelle said...

A very nice series and I do like the ornate stairs in the third photo.

VP said...

Love the building and your great pictures of it...

Taken For Granted said...

Terrific take on grand staircases. Love that first shot with its perfect composition, and you found the perfect model to walk down.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I never miss the chance to climb stairs Jack, so good for the derrière :) I like all your stair images here but the last with the lacy railings are so beautiful.

Birdman said...

I'll vote for the Gardner stairs. I remember these. A fine museum with quite a story to it. And one that is not 'closed' yet.

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic stairs, Jack, and superb shots!! You do find the best things to photograph, regardless of the subject matter!! Love the last one and your composition on the first one! Terrific! A great eye to be sure! Hope your weekend is off to a great start! Enjoy!

RedPat said...

Love the first one especially, Jack!

William Kendall said...

They're all beautiful, but I think I prefer the second one most.

CaT said...

ojh, you are following people!! :D
but i like the last set of stairs most

Randy said...

Love that first shot.

Kay said...

The first shot is irresistible! It was well worth your time to scroll through your archives. What other treasures are lurking there?

Unknown said...

Another great series of stairs! Well done.

Gunn said...

I can`t make up my mind about the stairs.... The three stairs at the top are all number 1 for me.