Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Norwalk City Hall

 I read that the City of Norwalk has some excellent WPA (Works Progress Administration) murals in its City Hall and other government buildings.  I was in Norwalk for something else, so naturally I wandered over to City Hall.  


City Hall is in a building that was once the high school but has been beautifully renovated for municipal offices.  And art!  I was blown away by both the amount of art at Norwalk City Hall and by its quality.  

There is a three story atrium ringed by artworks on each floor and down the corridors leading out of the atrium.  Today I will show only the architecture (with glimpses of some of the art).  

Artworks will follow on future days when the mood strikes me or when I am short of other images.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

A striking interior.

Taken For Granted said...

Interesting that we both posted government building from the 1930s today. I am looking forward to getting a better view of some of the murals. The WPA has left us with wonderful buildings and art.

Stefan Jansson said...

Impressive building.