Friday, August 5, 2016

A Movie, a Gallery and Two Cell Phones

Last night I went to Real Art Ways to see an Australian movie, The Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
(Very much recommended.)  RAW is a non-profit art gallery/performance space with a movie theater.


A gallery at one end hangs rotating exhibitions of art works.
A lone woman on her cell phone was framed against some big contemporary paintings.


When I went behind a large, colorful screen, the woman on the cell phone was still there.


Her friend joined her for a selfie while her boy friend sauntered over . . .


. . . to take her to the reception going on at the other end of the facility.


When I got out of the movie, the gallery was closed.


RAW is a great place.  I'm glad I had my cell phone, too.  I kinda like my iPhone photos.

10 comments:

Kate said...

Using a cell phone in a gallery is a bit of a blasphemy to me UNLESS the owner is using the camera. That particular exhibit shows some oversized artwork; hope it was interesting. Yes, using the iPhone is fun and I am beginning to tote around with me more often.

Sharon said...

These are great photos! Thanks for the stroll around the gallery. I've heard of that movie. Thanks for the recommendation.

RedPat said...

You did well with this series, Jack!

William Kendall said...

It's an interesting looking gallery space. That movie is playing at a local theatre here for a few days. I'll have to check it out.

Bill said...

Looks like a fine gallery Jack. Haven't heard of that movie but will have to check around to see if it's playing anywhere. That phone does take nice photos.

Kay said...

This looks like a great place. I especially like your first two shots.

Karl said...

Yes, it really looks like a great and nice place to spend an evening.
Re your comment on DBP: Jack, if you decide to visit South Tyrol, I'll be glad to be your tourist guide. Let me know.

Taken For Granted said...

This looks like a great art gallery and theater. Thank you for the film recommendation. I'll add it to my list of films to see. Looks like you had a good time documenting your visit to RAW.

Bob Crowe said...

I've seen a little book of iPhone photos called The Best Camera Is The One You Have With You. I agree.

jennyfreckles said...

Often you can't tell the difference between a cell phone photo and a 'proper' one. These are great and the phone is much less intrusive in such situations.