Monday, June 15, 2020

Night Walks

I have an Apple watch.  It is a tyrant.  Always telling me to stand up or go for a walk. Telling me I am getting less exercise today than usual, or I just need a brisk ten minute walk to meet the goals.
So, most nights I am falling a bit short and need to take a one mile walk around the neighborhood.






One way to make that tolerable is to practice taking photos with my iPhone's low light feature.
It works especially well if the house has exterior lighting, like the second, third and fifth houses,
but it is pretty good even when most of the light is coming from inside.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

These are fantastic shots! It's amazing what the iPhone cameras can do.

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh, I was assuming they were all lit by exterior lights...so I had to go back and appreciated them doubly!

RedPat said...

That is one of the fun things about having to walk a dog in the evening. You have an excuse to be standing and looking around as they sniff about. Looks like you have a nice route, Jack!

Mersad said...

I use that same low light feature on my iPhone 11 Pro and it really does the trick a lot of times.
Your images are really good and the houses are beautiful.
Gotta get me a Apple Watch :)

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

That first one has an almost surreal quality to it, the sort of thing David Hockney might have painted. My father always referred to time as "the old enemy", goodness knows what he'd have called a watch that started bossing him about.

Michelle said...

That is a beautiful neighborhood!

JudithK said...

Ha. Glad your watch is making you get out at this time of day. I love night photos.....more mystery.