Sunday, June 28, 2020

Downtown

I needed a haircut, so I went into downtown Hartford on a Saturday morning.


I was struck by how clean everything looked when there were so few people and cars around.
This is Center Church on Main Street, contrasting with the Gold Building.


Stanley Black and Decker (the New Britain-based tool company) has an innovation center on the ground floor of Constitution Plaza.  I showed the mural last year.  


Some office buildings across the street from Constitution Plaza, with the Travelers Tower beyond.


I parked near the Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford's foremost art museum.  Without traffic I was able to focus on the building.  Remarkable how many different periods and architectural styles are represented, as the museum was built over two centuries.


Thinking about those different periods and architectural styles, I went out to Main Street to photograph the main entrance (the castle-like structure on the left) and two other wings.

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

It's a museum unto itself!

RedPat said...

It was quiet here at the beginning of the pandemic but traffic is fairly heavy again now. It looks like you could walk anywhere you wanted with no need to dodge vehicles, Jack!

Sharon said...

Great set of photos. What a difference it makes with no traffic.
You are braver than me getting your hair cut. I finally cut mine myself. It doesn't look too bad but I'm sure my regular hairdresser would not agree.

jennyfreckles said...

I enjoyed taking town photos in lockdown, things look so different. Now everything is getting back to 'normal' here... but too soon, I fear.

William Kendall said...

Quite a mix of architecture, Jack.