Monday, June 8, 2020

A Walk to and through the Park

I was getting itchy, so I took a walk to Elizabeth Park.


Just outside the park, the light cast an interesting tree shadow on the street beside 
a house with a new fence and blooming red roses.


The roses in the park's rose garden are beginning to bloom, but I will hold that for another day.
But, a Herb Society bed had plenty of color.


Mother Mallard moved at a steady pace.  Her ducklings kept falling behind and then 
scooting ahead to stay with her.  It was very cute.


A red-winged blackbird kindly stayed still enough for me to photograph him.


 The red Jeep stood out in front of a mural painted on the Pond House fence.


A bird hunted for food.  Maybe a sparrow?  I am not good at identifying the little birds.


Applause for the girls getting together but maintaining good social distances.


On the way home, I saw the house of a family celebrating Megan's 30th birthday.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Great walk! I understand that itchy feeling very well.

Taken For Granted said...

The houses in your photos are beautiful. I find a three car garage is almost enough. I am enjoying your walks around Hartford. Stay healthy and safe.

RedPat said...

We are all getting that itchy feeling, Jack! You are lucky to have the park so close!

Sami said...

Pretty houses and a lovely mural.
Thanks for participating Jack and have a great week.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I apologize for taking so long to visit. Life got in the way. You found al lot of beautiful flowers and that mural is a beautiful example, too. I would walk that path if I lived there. It's a gorgeous area.