Saturday, May 9, 2015

Beauties

 As I said earlier, I don't know much about cars, but I do know beauty.  How do you like these?




Delahaye 1937 Type 135 MS Special Roadster



This is a BMW 328 (1936 - 1940)


1934 Tipo 8C 2300 Corto, Touring Alpha Romeo
I have no idea what all of that means.  It was on a plaque.


This baby is a 1995 McLaren F1 with a carbon fiber hull.  It has a top speed of 240 mph
and goes from zero to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds.  


Mercedes-Benz W196 (1955 - 1956)

This gorgeous car has a magnesium alloy body.  Unfortunately, an MB W196 was in an accident at Le Mans and ignited.  The pit crew mechanics poured water on the fire, intensifying the fire.
82 spectators died, the worst accident in racing history, leading Mercedes to end
its participation in racing for three decades.  

17 comments:

LOLfromPasa said...

These are all amazing...would look wonderful on display at our Coventry Motor Museum. Fantastic shots you have shared over the last few days, Jack. Does this the museum also have a section on cycles?

jennyfreckles said...

I ADORE the top one, so thirties. Would need an outfit to match, of course.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh yes, beauties indeed Jack, especially the first four.. real works of art. J'adore your first image.

Luis Gomez said...

These are gorgeous!

Ed said...

I think that McClaren has your name on it, Jack. These are all beautiful cars

Kate said...

Shiny and better than new! Incidentally, I am now in the 5th day of a miserable bout of Verdigo so my posting, visiting, and commenting is proving difficult, but I will eventually be back in full swing again. Have a good week-end!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, WOW! Such awesome cars and history, Jack!! Love your captures for the day -- as always!! Hope your weekend is off to a great start! Enjoy!!

William Kendall said...

They are beautiful- I think my dad would really enjoy this museum. He's fascinated by classic cars.

VP said...

Beautiful cars, excellent images!

RedPat said...

They are all beautiful, Jack! But the lines on that first one are fabulous!

Sharon said...

I love that first shot and the second one sold that car for me.

Unknown said...

One does not need to know anything about cars to see the beauty and elegance in these autos.

Taken For Granted said...

There are indeed beautiful cars. They were at the very top of desirability, performance, and cost when they were new, and are now so rare as to be housed in museums. All of them were very low production models. The Alpha Romeo Tipo 8C appeared in the original Godfather movie as the victim of a bomb. I'm sure they didn't actually blow one up.

Bob Crowe said...

Better quality than when I shot Elvis' cars at Graceland.

Randy said...

Love that Gold color.

EG CameraGirl said...

Pretty snazzy!

Kay said...

That first one looks s-o-o-o Art Deco! Very cool!