Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Barn

Route 116 connects Ridgefield, Connecticut, and North Salem, New York.  I drive along it with some regularity.  As I enter New York state, I usually admire a barn beside the road.  Last time, I did a double take.  The doors were open and two naked female manikins looked out.


What would you do?  Me, too.  I stopped the car, turned around, and went back to photograph the scene. 

I learned that Max Tucci lives in a house behind the barn.  His grandfather owned and operated Delmonico's fabled restaurant in New York City for 60 years.  Max has written a newly released book about the restaurant and his family's history with it.  He was waiting for a moving van to take the manikins and the boxes of books beside them to a store in the City for a display about the book.

3 comments:

RedPat said...

Good catch, Jack. There seems to be an interesting creature over Max's shoulder.

Taken For Granted said...

Good thing you stopped as you got great photos, and a good story. Now I need to find that book as I'm sure it is an interesting story.

William Kendall said...

A chance encounter turns into good shots.