Monday, July 6, 2020

A Decade

This blog began ten years ago with a photo similar to this one.  I started six days after retiring because I didn't want to stay home and vegetate.  From time to time the slog of posting daily photos gets to me.  I think about quitting, but I like taking photographs and need somewhere to show them..  And, friends still tell me that they like something I posted, so on it goes.


The blog was originally Hartford Daily Photo before I started spending winters in Florida and gave it the current ungainly name.  But, I photograph Elizabeth Park so often I sometimes think of it as Elizabeth Park Daily Photo.  What I didn't mention in that first 2010 post is that the red roses
in the foreground are in a plot that I subsidize, to memorialize my parents.

6 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Well done for keeping it going for 10 years, Jack. I must have seen most of those posts. Here's to the next decade!

RedPat said...

I thought that you started just after me, Jack! I think i have seen nearly all of your posts through the years and have enjoyed them, Sweet to have that tribute to your parents and I know there is also a tribute to your son. It is your park indeed!

Walbridge Rat said...

Love your photos and appreciate your efforts doing so.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on the anniversary. I'll raise my glass to another 10 years!

JudithK said...

Glad it continues to be "so on it goes." Only found it lately, and have enjoyed.

William Kendall said...

Bravo on the milestone.