Saturday, June 17, 2023

Olive Oil

We visited la Samiaja, a small organic olive oil farm outside Antequera. 


The farmhouse is from around 1900 and has been in the current owner's family for generations.



She explained how her family raises the olives organically.


She walked us through both the old and more modern ways of gathering and separating the olives.


We were given a tasting opportunity.  The olive oils were delicious, but I don't have sophisticated taste buds so I failed to analyze the differences.


But, I was good at eating,  The olive oils enhanced the fresh foods.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

I remember attending an event here with a vendor from a foreign country who did olive oil, and there was tasting as well.

Stefan Jansson said...

I always enjoyed walking among the olive trees on my visits to the Greek archipelago. We have the same type of taste buds btw.

Sami said...

Being Portuguese, I use a lot of olive oil.
This year, for the second time, some friends and I went and picked olives from neighborhood parks and we had olive oil made.