Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Art Galleries

Ridgefield is fortunate to have several art galleries in or near the downtown. 


 RPAC Art Gallery on Main Street is hosting a show of works by local artists.  Clarice Shrivell displayed drawings and paintings emphasizing quiet contemplation.


Terrence Mahon's exhibit at RPAC Art Gallery includes paintings of three female heads.  I recognized Audrey Hepburn in the middle and Sophia Loren on the right.  The Loren head was created with many white dots and the head on the left with white vertical lines.


Colabella Fine Art Gallery is a half dozen doors further up Main Street.  A large white rotating head is in the window.  I didn't go inside so I don't know anything about it.  


I went past the gallery at night and saw that the rotating head has internal colored lighting.  The rotating head reminded me of the famous rotating head of Franz Kafka that I saw last December in Prague.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

These are very creative.

Taken For Granted said...

Always good to see what local artist are producing. The head of Franz Kafka is amazing.

Stefan Jansson said...

The Loren pose is a classic.