Thursday, March 24, 2022

Three Water Views

So long as I have returned to my day trip to Sarasota last week, here are three images I liked on the five minute walk between Marie Selby Botanical Garden and Bayfront Park.


I wonder if the Sarasota city fathers placed this boat just to entertain passing photographers.

There were loads of pelicans, also paid to entertain passers-by.


I tried to catch the moment when pelicans hit the water on their dives.  
This is the closest I could come in the five minutes I had.

6 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

When I see photos of Pelicans I'm seized with the kind of jealousy that American citizens must have when they see pictures of medieval castles.

RedPat said...

Love that last shot, Jack.

Taken For Granted said...

The sailboat in your first photo does not look happy. That is a serious long distance cruising boat resting on the bottom, not good so it must have a problem. Your pelican shots are terrific with their coordinated action. I've been recommending your bird photos to my birding friends.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wow, those birds in action definitely should be paid a big fish or two...though they are probably quite good at catching their own. How do three birds dive for 3 fish in perfect unison and not bump into each other! Must have practiced a lot! Poor ole sailboat.

William Kendall said...

Great timing with that last one.

JudithK said...

Whoa, yes, the last photo is a stunner.