Wednesday, March 23, 2022

South Pineapple Avenue

 I forgot to mention that when I visited Marie Selby Botanical Garden in Sarasota last week, I parked just off the colorfully-named South Pineapple Avenue, where we had a great lunch at the Fountain Kitchen and Wine Bar.  Along the sidewalk there were chalk portraits, and on some walls there were murals.


A portrait of Mable Ringling, wife of the head of the circus and an art collector who created, with her husband, Sarasota's Ringling Museum of Art.  The chalk artist is Lori Escalera.


A nice mural of days gone past, artist unknown.


I think my father had a camera like this.

It says Escalera After Lanfredi.  Lori Escalera is one of the chalk artists and Simone Lanfredi is another.  Don't know who is pictured and who did it.  ???

5 comments:

RedPat said...

They are all so well done, Jack. Sad that the chalk ones will disappear soon.

Barbara Rogers said...

Those are amazing chalk arts! Well beyond the rainbows and hearts we get here sometimes during festivals! Love the camera mural...my dad had one like that as well.

Taken For Granted said...

The chalk drawings are terrific, and it is sad they will be so short lived. Love the murals of time gone by. I think that might be a Leica 35mm camera?

Mage said...

That mural is especially good too.

William Kendall said...

I do like these. Very well done.