Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Birds

 I live in an Audubon-certified sanctuary in Naples.  Nearly every day I post photographs of birds and other wildlife in a private Facebook group page for members of that community, but it has been a while since I posted a bird photo here.

Here is an osprey that really wanted me to get away from its nest.  

Ever been dive-bombed by an osprey?  I left.

Here is a great blue heron that has tossed its lunch until it is positioned to be swallowed.  

Down the hatch!

5 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

That vad never happened to me. Glad you got a photo though!

RedPat said...

That Osprey could do a bit of damage to your head. Good that you left.

Taken For Granted said...

As long as you escaped without injury, the Osprey photo is terrific. Also good to see the Blue Heron enjoying a bite of lunch. Your bird photos always show plenty of action.

Mage said...

You have the knack for catching birds in perfect positions. Yes, I would have retreated too.

William Kendall said...

That osprey is quite formidable.