Saturday, September 5, 2020

I Heart CT Libraries

Noah Webster stands, appropriately masked, in a small plaza next to the West Hartford Public Library.

I don't need to identify West Hartford's native son Noah, do I?  Per Wikipedia:  "Noah Webster Jr. was an American lexicographer, textbook pioneer, English-language spelling reformer, political writer, editor, and prolific author. He has been called the 'Father of American Scholarship and Education'. His 'Blue-backed Speller' books taught five generations of American children how to spell and read."

I'm sure I have shown a scene similar to this before.  In the foreground, Mr. Webster.  In brick behind, the library.  Beyond with the white steeple, First Church of Christ Congregational.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Wonderful views.

RedPat said...

You will miss these views when you move, Jack!

Stefan Jansson said...

He is wearing his mask incorrecty!