Monday, May 3, 2021

Savannah

 On my way back to Connecticut, I stopped in Savannah the first night.

On past trips between New England and Florida, I often stopped for dinner at Six Pence Pub, but this time it was mobbed and masks were rare.  I have been vaccinated, but still prefer not to push my luck.


James Oglethorpe, founder of Georgia, stands in Chippewa Square.


There are charming houses on every block of the historic district.


It was date night.


Savannah College Art and Design is everywhere around the city, and the students provide a welcome vibe.  I am happy to report that art students love ice cream as much as ever.  The line was a block long.


The house that came into prominence with the novel Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is a very popular venue for parties attended by well-dressed and well-heeled guests. 

7 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Some great evening scenes.

Barbara Rogers said...

I love the variety and popularity of the sights in the city for "Date Night."

RedPat said...

It is nice to see people out and about without coats, Jack!

Taken For Granted said...

Jack, I am glad you are enjoying your trip north. Savannah is a beautiful place to stop. Thank you for taking us on a tour of the town. Leopld's ice Cream must be really special to have such a long line. Wise choice avoiding crowds. Wishing you safe travel.

Marleen said...

Lots of nice things to see there. I like the horse and carriage!

Michelle said...

Savannah is a beautiful city. I have also been vaccinated, but prefer not to push my luck.

William Kendall said...

Savannah is a city I would love to see for myself.