Wednesday, January 1, 2020

It Was a Great Blue Heron Year

It is January 1, so it is time to show my "Photo of the Year" for 2019.
I've got three.  Great blue herons feature in all three.


Just two weeks ago I showed this iPhone photo of a floating Christmas tree crowned by a great blue heron.  That an iPhone photo is one of my Photo of the Year selections says a lot about the improvement in cell phone cameras.  They say the best camera is the one you have with you.
These days, we have cell phones with us all the time.


Somehow I neglected to post this photo of a great blue heron that won a battle with a big fish.
It was taken in Elizabeth Park in June.


And here is another great blue heron in flight over a small pond in the golf course in my Naples community.  This photo is one of three I posted on April 4 of the same heron
as the bird moved over the water.

On New Year's Day, the photographers of City Daily Photo post their "Photo of the Year."
Click here to see the works of other photographers.  

8 comments:

RedPat said...

I love your choice, Jack! Hope it was a good New Year's eve!

Sharon said...

Three beautiful shots Jack! Happy New Year!

Taken For Granted said...

We also have Great Blue Herons, but they are wily birds that never let anyone get close enough for a photo. Your top photo is spectacular. Happy New Year, Jack.

Michelle said...

I like all three, but the first is my favorite!

Barbara Rogers said...

Good choices, and my vote is for number one.

Linda said...

I'm a big of fan of herons. The third image is awesome!

Tanya Breese said...

All are super but the first one is my favorite! Happy New Year!

William Kendall said...

Your last is my favourite.