Sunday, January 26, 2020

Caloosahatchee Manuscripts


After dark, a wonderful pair of metal cylinders light up and project letters onto the sidewalk
 and the façade of the Sidney and Berne Davis Art Center in Fort Myers.  They were a gift to the city from the local electric utility.  Maryland sculptor Jim Sanborn created the "Caloosahatchee Manuscripts" to commemorate the transition of an old power plant from oil to natural gas


I showed these in 2011. I am hoping you forgot or that you don't mind repetition.

5 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Or, in my case, I jut wasn't reading here yet. Great art to experience with movement, light and shadows.

RedPat said...

I remember it and love seeing it again, Jack!

Sharon said...

I love this. You can show it as often as you like.

Taken For Granted said...

Memory? What memory? Sculpture this significant needs to be featured. Language makes a point, or can be a barrier to understanding. This manuscript is all about the projection of power.

William Kendall said...

Fascinating!