Sunday, April 26, 2015

Age is No Barrier (Continued): 12. Sandra

Sandra -- who goes by "Mom" -- is Edgard's wife and mother of three running daughters.  
She greets customers, takes orders and handles the cash register at the Neighborhood Cafe.  


Sandra is nearly 80 years old.  Back in the 1980s, Mom was one of the family runners who ran across the USA on two successive years.  She still runs distance races, though she says
she is slower these days.  See all the race numbers behind her?

Like everyone else in the family, Mom was originally a teacher.

15 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful!

RedPat said...

What a family, Jack!

AsAeenBySusan said...

She looks like someone I'd like to know.

jennyfreckles said...

The whole family looks full of life and energy. I wonder if they serve some kind of power food in their café.

William Kendall said...

The family must have a lot of energy!

Lowell said...

Running still - that's wonderful. I can barely walk and I'm not that old!

Love her smile!

Kay said...

Phew! This is one energetic clan! I know people younger than Mom and Edgard who can barely walk, much less distance races.

Randy said...

She looks like a happy person.

Bob Crowe said...

I admire her energy and vitality. I don't plan to be working when I'm 70, let alone 80.

Linda said...

Very impressive! It pays to stay in shape.

Cezar and Léia said...

She is awesome!
Love her smile!

Halcyon said...

What a fantastic family cafe! Wish I was there to try it out.

Kate said...

Teachers are tough!!

VP said...

OK, I surrender, too many runners around...

EG CameraGirl said...

Amazing family!