Sunday, July 8, 2012

Marnie

Marnie works with her mother in a New Hartford gift shop called Peddlers' Junction.  It is a cute place chock-a-block full of arts and crafts, antiques and consigned artwork.  Marnie is the young woman in black you saw flashing through the background as I took a photo of her store Friday afternoon.  (It is the last photo yesterday.)  Business was slow, so Marnie posed for several photographs.  She even put on this hat, on sale in her store.


Do you come across people who are lively and attractive in real life, but you can't adequately capture with your camera lens?  Meet Marnie.  She is vivacious and full of life, but only this one photo came close to showing her charm.

21 comments:

brattcat said...

new hartford looks charming and so does marnie.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

She looks like she could be the New Hartford version of Carmen Miranda.

Valladolid Daily Photo said...

That hat reminds me of the extravagant models that women wear in the Ascot horse races.

Unknown said...

This shot is very flattering of Marnie - I'm sure she loves it as I do!

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful!

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous hat to go with that winning smile!

Taken For Granted said...

Great hat on a beautiful model. Looks like a fun place to shop.

Sylvia K said...

A fantastic hat, a gorgeous smile and a terrific capture, Jack! I think you enjoyed your visit there!! Hope your weekend is going well! Enjoy!

Sylvia

EG CameraGirl said...

I bet she is very good at what she does. Great photo, Jack.

Birdman said...

I hope Lowell doesn't see this one. He likes... ah... hats. Right, hats! That's it.

Cezar and Léia said...

That's quite the hat!
God bless you!
Cezar

jennyfreckles said...

Lovely, reminds me of My Fair Lady.

RedPat said...

She looks like a charmer - especially with that hat!

Randy said...

That is some hat. Great smile too.

Bob Crowe said...

If she twirled around in a circle fast enough I thing she might become airborne.

Kate said...

An amazing hat! If other merchandise is like that, it must have been fun browsing the store, esp with a friendly-sort of person like Marnie.

Lowell said...

What hat?

Lois said...

Lowell and Birdman crack me up with their comments.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Yup Birdman made me laugh also! I need this chapeau for the Melbourne Cup Jack! Marnie is gorgeous, lovely, natural portrait.

Gunn said...

Yes, great model, and a hat for someone special.
Perhaps perfect for "Ascot" in England?

Mildred said...

Wow! What a lovely face and a great hat!
I would love to have one like that!
Yes, I mean the face too;o)