Thursday, October 24, 2024

Roush

 
A handsome silver car was parked where I was getting a new auxiliary battery installed in my car.


The windshield identified it as a Roush.  I was leaving, so I didn't take the time to ask the garage about it.  But,  Google tells me that Jack Roush is a noted automotive engineer with a Hall of Fame career for designing NASCAR racing cars. 


The symbol on the steering wheel identified it as a Cobra.  Roush started work at Ford.  Even though he left to start his own company, the vehicles he designs nearly all have a Ford heritage.

1 comment:

Taken For Granted said...

The Ford Cobra is an iconic car based on the British A.C. Bristol body with Ford power and drive train. This one is not an originals, but one of a number of more recently built cars, and it is likely powered by a Roush built Ford engine.