Thursday, February 2, 2023

Birds

So long as  I have started showing bird photos, I might as well keep going.

I liked the water patterns around the male Muscovy duck.

A pileated woodpecker is easy to spot when I hear its hammering sound.
Males have red mustaches.


My community has a bay at one end.  Pelicans rarely come inland, but I see them from the boardwalk.


I like watching wood storks approaching a landing.


There are new boxes on the golf course.  A screech owl has adopted one of them.

Roseate spoonbills are the favorite birds around here.


A group of snowy egrets flew past me.  I singled out two flying in sync.

5 comments:

RedPat said...

Fabulous shots, Jack.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a great collection of very good bird photos!

Taken For Granted said...

Jack, I love seeing your bird photos. You continue to shoot excellent action photos. Also love seeing the owl. It seem happy with its new home.

William Kendall said...

Your owl is my favourite of these.

JudithK said...

And why not continue. You do really really well with them and they are a pleasure to see. Thanks.