Monday, January 30, 2023

Some Recent Birds and Other Critters

I am lucky to live in a community where I only have to wander in my golf cart to see beautiful wildlife.


A roseate spoonbill greeted me.
 

An osprey took its fish to one of its favorite trees.


Sometimes the big critters catch my eye and I overlook the smaller ones like this Northern mockingbird.


A white ibis mosh pit.


I haven't seen many eagles in my community so far this season.  But I recently came across this one in a pine visible from the street.  I watched it for about 45 minutes in hopes it would fly away and I could catch it in flight.  But, it turned and flew in the opposite direction.  Still, one yawn looked fierce.

A friend texted me about a huge gator.  They look best to me in black and white.

5 comments:

RedPat said...

Wonderful shots, Jack.

Taken For Granted said...

Jack, your have great skill photographing birds. I had to laugh at your comment about the Ibis mosh pit. And, I am impressed by your shot of the Osprey with that fish. The Gator looks perfect in b&w, and hopefully photographed with a long lens.

William Kendall said...

That is one formidable gator.

Stefan Jansson said...

Great nature it is. Fine photos, I even enjoy that last one!

Ed said...

I've always enjoyed your bird pictures. Some of your shots are just amazing. Keep 'em coming. As for the gator, well, I'm not sure gators ever look good. ;)