Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Butterflies

Yes, I am repeating myself.  But, I am so happy that butterflies -- especially monarchs -- are so plentiful this year.  Many different places, many different flowers.  These were in Elizabeth Park.







I have seen monarchs enjoying sedum, verbena, coneflower, phlox and many others.  Even dahlias.




A butterfly similar to the monarch is flitting around in the same places.  Thanks to Google,
I have learned that this is a painted lady (Vanessa cardui).

7 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful butterflies! So glad to see so many there. Thanks for sharing!

RedPat said...

You got some wonderful pics, Jack! There have been a lot of them fluttering about here too!

William Kendall said...

Butterflies really are very pretty.

The Padre said...

Its Why I Grow What I Grow - And Those Same Flowers Attract The Most Beautiful Hummingbirds As Well

Cheers

Taken For Granted said...

Good for the Monarchs. They need all the help they can get with their shrinking winter environment.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous photos. I never get tired of seeing the butterflies. The fall butterfly show should be starting here at the Desert Botanical Garden in the next few weeks.

Karl said...

Wonderful pics, Jack!