Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Rose Season

It is rose season in Connecticut.  Every year I look forward to their blooms.  They are beautiful.
Yes, they have thorns and can be prickly.  Sometimes they draw blood.  Still, they make life interesting while they are with us, even if rose season is far too short.


Since last month I have written about my son John's serious illness.  He didn’t make it. He was just too weak and in too much pain. Late Wednesday John's heart gave out.  He couldn’t be brought back. The poor guy never caught a break during the painful six week ordeal triggered by a diabetic coma and compounded by a severe allergic reaction to the anti-seizure medicine. 
John was only 30. At least his pain is over.

I am going to see whether wandering around and making photographs is a good distraction.

10 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

Jack, our sincere condolences go to you and your family for your loss. It is difficult to lose a son.

The roses are beautiful. Ours have not bloomed yet.

Sharon said...

It looks like you found a good place to start! A little time with the beauty of nature doing something you love will help a bit.

Ed said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine what that must be like. My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.

LuiZ FernandoS said...

So sorry to hear this. I hope you guys find peace togheter

RedPat said...

Oh Jack. I'm so sorry to hear this news. It will take a long time to get over this devastation but hopefully taking some pics will distract your mind for a while. Be sure to take care of yourself.

William Kendall said...

They are beautiful.

I'm sorry about your son. Just take your time.

Bill said...

Jack, I'm so sorry about your son. Take things slowly day by day and know that there is a community here that cares about you.

Those roses are beauties even with their thorns.

jennyfreckles said...

Jack, I am sorry.

SRQ said...

I've been thinking about you and your family, Jack. I pray the pain of such a sudden, unexpected loss somehow lessens with time. A familiar routine can be a helpful distraction. Be well.

Tanya Breese said...

i've been thinking about you and your son...such a loss jack...i hope the blogging/photography is a helpful distraction...