Thursday, March 29, 2012

Warner Theater

The Warner Theater in Torrington is a restored 1932 movie theater and performance venue.  It is down the street from yesterday's mural.  I like the art deco sign.  The Warner Theater has a pretty active schedule of events.  The theater plays a significant role in the arts of northwestern Connecticut.

 
The City Daily Photo website has been hacked.  The developers are working to restore it, but it might not be operable by the time of the April 1 theme day.  Julie has put up a temporary blog to host the theme day posts, for which the April theme is "cobblestones."  If the main City Daily Photo website is not ready by April 1, and you are a City Daily Photo blogger who wants to post to Julie's temporary blog, please go here on April 1.

20 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

That is a great sign jack. And I like your composition.

cieldequimper said...

Love these old signs!

Excellent idea. I was going to post the link in my comments but changed tomorrow's post to give the info. Thanks for the idea, hope it isn't copyrighted!

Unknown said...

I just love the sign and the clever perspective!

Kate said...

A dizzying perspective. Love old movie theatres, but some in our fair Twin Cities are a bit worn and shabby.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

My favourite kind of venue to see alternative movies Jack (and by alternative I mean foreign haha!)Love the angle you've taken with this one, suits the subject perfectly.
btw did I not mention that drinks at noon in The National Hotel are always followed by a duel or two!!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

A sign like this, which certainly should be preserved, probably requires having been grandfathered from modern sign ordinances.

Luis Gomez said...

Wonderful Jack! Love the sign.

Sharon said...

I love this sign!

Cezar and Léia said...

The sign is beautiful and I love the angle in this picture.So nice they did work restoration there!
Léia

VP said...

Good to see that somewere theaters aren't becoming parking lots or megastores!

Malyss said...

Very beautyful, and attractive!and very american too, signs are not like this in France.

Sylvia K said...

What a great sign, Jack, and as always, I do love your perspective and it is SO American indeed! Enjoy your day!

Sylvia

jennyfreckles said...

That really says 'America and movies' to me. Lovely. Gosh, I hope no-one ever hacks my blog. I wouldn't know what to do!

Halcyon said...

I love the old-fashioned lights! That's what it meant to have your name in lights!

joo said...

It's a great photo, Jack! Perspective is superb!

RedPat said...

It's a great sign - must be wonderful at night. Love your composition!

Regina K said...

Old movie theatre signs are just the best!!! Thanks for the info about CDPB.

Dianne said...

A great sign from another era ... I hope it hangs around for a few more generations.

Michelle said...

A great perspective for this shot! Bravo!

Randy said...

Wonderful sign.