Friday, January 2, 2015

Contenders

Picking a "photo of the year" is difficult.  Even though I travel a lot, I figure that only photographs from my home bases of southwest Florida and southern New England should be in contention.  Here are some local photos that I considered before picking the photograph I showed yesterday.


This November photograph of the Sanibel lighthouse is iconic for southwest Florida.


This September capture of a Hartford skateboarder mid-jump was one of those "Yes!!!" moments.
The blur is intentional.  I wanted to convey movement.


The Hartford skyline looked good in a soft September sunset.


My Naples golf course was calm in an early morning January fog. 


And, I show many photos of people, so I should pick one contender for "photo of the year."
This January photo of Walter captured both his style and his prickly personality.

17 comments:

VP said...

It is not usual for me to remember well pictures seen around, but I do remember these: it won't be easy to pick a winner and you are right posting them all again!

EG CameraGirl said...

Each one so different from the others. And all worthy of being contenders.

Malyss said...

Number 4 is my absolute favorite !
Wishing you lots of beautiful places to picture this new year !

Kate said...

My vote is for the Sanibel lighthouse. All are contenders but this one is my favorite.

Luis Gomez said...

These are all great Jack. I like the skateboard one!

Birdman said...

I do like the skateboarder and the foggy fairway shots.

Sharon said...

You did have a tough choice to make. That is a great set of photos.

RedPat said...

Such a hard choice to make, Jack! I remember all of these.

Sylvia K said...

Love that prickly guy!!! But all of them are terrific, Jack, as always!! Wonderful foggy day and the movement you've captured with the skateboarder are superb!! Hope your new year is off to a fun start!! Enjoy!

Taken For Granted said...

Jack, your photo selections are wonderful. May 2015 be as productive.

William Kendall said...

Excellent contender shots, Jack. The skateboarder shot definitely is a dramatic action image.

Unknown said...

Glad you reposted these, Jack. I'm still in awe at your golf course. Brilliant shot!

Lowell said...

I've been to Sanibel many times and have spent time wandering about the lighthouse. These are all very nice - I can see why you'd choose them...Walter, I'm guessing, might be of British extraction?

jennyfreckles said...

These show your versatility. I am really glad you don't stick to one photo a year!

Randy said...

These are all great. I really do like your portraits.

Bob Crowe said...

I couldn't choose between the Hartford skyline and the golf course. Both are gorgeous.

Kay said...

Another fabulous batch of shots. I love the subtle Naples golf course shot. And the Sanibel lighthouse is so beautiful that it almost hurts to look at it in the middle of winter. But I think I'd do a happy dance if any of these shots came out of my camera.