Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Garden Open Day in Avon



This garden is the second one I visited last Saturday during the The Garden Conservancy's Open Day.   It is on a main street in Avon, a Hartford suburb.  I saw it often when I lived in West Hartford.  Then it was full of colorful plants like the ones in front.  Since then the owners have planted many conifers.



A young girl chose a good time to run through.






Yes, the gardens are stunning.  But wait until you see inside the house tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

Wow, this garden is spectacular. It looks like a full time job tending all these plantings. I've never seen window boxes with bushes growing in them. Jack, you had to be fast to catch that little girl running.

Tamera said...

What gorgeous plantings! And I agree with the yard sign. :)

V said...

Do they have a team of gardeners to maintain the property? How many people live there?