Loons are by far my favorite wildlife at Squam Lake.
But there are others.
A huge snapping turtle swam past my dock. Its carapace alone was at least two feet long.
A chipmunk wanders around my cottage looking for food. A couple of woodchucks and minks ran past too fast for me to photograph them.
A family of Canada geese and goslings swam past.
Dragonflies are everywhere!
We hear songbirds all day long but chipping sparrows were the only ones I spotted to photograph.






4 comments:
Jack, you found great wildlife at the lake. That snapping turtle is amazingly large. We also see many Canada geese. Fine series of photos.
How nice. One of my dreams is to take a good photograph of the squirrels in our Oude Warande wood, but they always seem to be ahead of me...
Very nice company.
I have many squirrels at my veranda. I used to photograph them all the time, but these days I just look at them.
Post a Comment