Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Gerri Lewis

Gerri Lewis wrote The Last Word, a cozy murder mystery.  The story is told from the perspective of Winter Snow, a young obituary writer.  Lewis set the book in the "Hallmark worthy" town of Ridgefield, Connecticut, where she was brought up and has lived and worked for decades.


A mutual friend of Gerri's and mine in Florida told me about the book, so I bought it at Ridgefield's Books on the Common when I returned in May.  (Didn't seem right for me to buy it on Amazon, but if you live somewhere else, go ahead.)  Gerri recently gave a talk about the process of writing, publishing and marketing one's first book.  


The talk persuaded me that I don't want to try writing a book.  But it was fun reading The Last Word and seeing the characters moving around a town I have come to know since moving here a few years ago.

2 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

The book looks interesting. I'll have to get a copy. Thanks for the tip.

William Kendall said...

Good portrait.