Saturday, March 11, 2023

Peace River Botanical and Sculpture Gardens

 Punta Gorda is an hour north of Naples.  The gardens suffered many losses from Hurricane Ian's visit last September.  I went to see how it looked.


I saw "Laundry Daze" by Connecticut sculptor Paul Guilmette when I visited a year ago.  It has lost some of the bushes and trees that were behind it then.


Some plants have been laid out in the patterns where they will eventually be replanted.


I remembered this huge hanging staghorn fern ball from last year's visit.


"Milk Factory" by Vincent Low stands in a central field.

A natural walk is being developed on the other side of a wooden bridge crossing a stream and ferns.

Kate was busy planting flowers to add some color.  She told me that the gardens have been open to the public for about five years, but she has been volunteering for more than twelve years.

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

The sculpture set catches the eye.

RedPat said...

I like Laundry Daze.

Taken For Granted said...

What fun seeing the sculptures and the changes in the plants. This seems like a great place to go for a walk.