Friday, April 15, 2022

Fifth Avenue South


In the last decade the Hoffman family has gone on a buying and building binge on Fifth Avenue South.  The signature style is fairly modern in white, but with some nice architectural features.  
I rather like each one, if evaluated on its own.  

But, the whole shopping district is losing the quaint little one-story stand-alone locally owned stores, art galleries and restaurants.  They are being replaced with a rather attractive white sameness.

Better?   Worse?  Progress?  I don't know.

6 comments:

RedPat said...

It has lost its interesting uniqueness. Too bad.

Barbara Rogers said...

The advantages of competitive retailers is being lost.

Taken For Granted said...

Retail business has always been tough. These businesses have been challenged by shopping malls, and now the Internet with the likes of Amazon and Ebay. Your city street do look appealing in your photos making me wonder why I live on the northern prairie.

William Kendall said...

Very southern.

Too much of the same becomes a problem.

Amy said...

It looks very posh though.

Bob Crowe said...

I like variety and individualism. This isn't my style.