Friday, May 1, 2020

Shopping

When "Shopping" was chosen last year as the theme for May, life was different.


Last week I left the gated Naples community where I live for only the fourth or fifth time since mid-March.  I drove to Naples' foremost shopping and dining street, Fifth Avenue South, to see what it looked like during the coronavirus shutdown.  As I expected.  Empty.  Sad.


The parking lot at the Barnes & Noble in the Waterside Shops was equally empty.

Our new world in 2020.

Visit the City Daily Photo portal to see how other photographers are illustrating 
the theme of "Shopping" in this most unusual time.

5 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

Everywhere looks so strange and almost eerie in the lockdown.

RedPat said...

It is rather spooky, Jack!

Leif Hagen said...

Great theme day posting, Jack! I remember the days of shopping with crowds of people....
Cheers from Eagan Daily Photo

Barbara Rogers said...

City scapes looking empty, but at least the landscape crew is on tap, I hope.

Jim said...

Deserted.