Monday, June 18, 2018

A Weekend


It was Rose Weekend in Elizabeth Park, a week earlier than usual.  
Might have been better blooms if it had been a week later.


There was also a bonsai exhibition in a greenhouse.  This azalea is 20+ years old.
Another bonsai was 150 years old, but it wasn't interesting.





A parade around Bushnell Park opened the India Festival.


A bicycle ride-sharing operation opened in downtown Hartford last week.
This bike was left in front of a sign for the Travelers Championship, a PGA tour golf tournament
next week.  I will be traveling, so I will miss the tournament again.

7 comments:

Kate said...

The bonsai tree is exquisite!!

RedPat said...

You had a busy weekend!

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, those lime bikes are everywhere. Looks like you a had a lot going on over the weekend.

William Kendall said...

It looks like quite an event!

jennyfreckles said...

Never a dull moment... i've never seen an azalea bonsai before, it's pretty. I've an azalea in my garden that stays quite small even without pruning.

Bill said...

That's one gorgeous bonsai. The bike really stands out and I guess the colours are chosen because of that.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The roses look pretty perfect to me Jack. I have a 25 year old bonsai azalea that looks very much like this, it flowers twice a year.