Thursday, August 31, 2017

Hartford Yard Goats

Tuesday night I finally managed to get to a Hartford Yard Goats game.  The Yard Goats are a Class Double-A minor league baseball team affiliated with the Colorado Rockies.


The Yard Goats play at Dunkin Donuts Park in Hartford, recently named 2017 Ballpark of the Year.
The park is great and the game was fun.  I could almost forget that the nearly-bankrupt City of Hartford spent more than $70 million to build the stadium to lure a minor league team
 away from another Connecticut city just 12 miles to the west.

4 comments:

William Kendall said...

Odd name for a team!

RedPat said...

$70 million! I wonder if the team really brings that much money into the city.

Taken For Granted said...

Baseball is always fun to watch. These players my be the stars of the major leagues. Perhaps the city will have their investment pay off.

jennyfreckles said...

I don't understand baseball at all but I'm sure you enjoyed it.