Icy Strait Point is a cruise landing area in Alaska's inland passage. It is at the northern end of the Alexander Archipelago. At one time it was the busiest cannery in the world. Today there are no canneries in Icy Point. The buildings have been taken over by restaurants and shops for tourists.
I went on a trip to the Spasski River Valley, an area noted for lots of bears and bald eagles. I saw a gazillion salmon in the river, but no bears. I did see a couple of bald eagles in the distance, further away than I see them in Florida. With a long camera lens and cropping, this eagle image is the only one I kept.





1 comment:
What an interesting place with its long history of fishing and canning. That is a fine photo of that older tattered Eagle. We see the occasional Eagle around here also. Every time I see one, I thank Rachel Carson.
Post a Comment