Saturday, February 17, 2018

Red Cars



A 1934 touring Alfa Romeo.


The 1930 Model J Phaetons were powerful performance automobiles offered by Duesenberg, and appealed to wealthy buyers who could have the body and interior custom crafted by coachmakers.
This one was customized by LeBaron Carrossiers of New York City.


The 1948 Tipo 166 Spyder Corsa was the first Ferrari to win a major race.
It was brought to America and won several more races before being retired.


This 1929 Sport Model SSK was an exceptionally powerful Mercedes-Benz designed by Dr. Ferdinand Porsche.  It excelled in hill races.  

7 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Another selection of beautiful motor cars from a bygone era. They all look incredibly smart and well polished, like old cars used to be. Does anybody still polish their cars these days?

Stefan Jansson said...

Some great cars here.

RedPat said...

I think I need a red car!

William Kendall said...

That last one is my favourite.

jennyfreckles said...

I have a red car... but not as fancy as these, nor as shiny!

Michelle said...

I love that first one, but I cannot imagine driving it!

Taken For Granted said...

Jack, I can see you tooling around in that 1934 Alfa Romeo. You should have a red roadster at least. These are such fun to see. Hope you have another day or two or three of classic cars.