Thursday, August 17, 2017

Hien

I saw Hien.  She was reading something on her phone and had a serious expression.


She reminded me of women in Japanese woodcuts, so I asked her to pose seriously, which she did.



Here is a Japanese woodcut.  See what I mean?  (I really wish I took the photo of her with the phone.)


Being serious is not Hien's usual way.  She is happy and smiles a lot.  ("I'm a ditz.")  She asked me to guess her nationality and I said "Vietnamese," which is right.  Hien said that in the winter, when she is lighter, people usually guess Japanese or Korean, especially if her hair is up.  She came to the USA when she was six.  So, she says she is about 98 percent American.  Nice young woman.

I am away for two weeks without reliable wifi.  Back the 26th.  Daily posts are scheduled.

8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Both portraits looks good to me.

Sharon said...

Very observant of you Jack. She is beautiful whether serious or laughing.

RedPat said...

A pretty woman, Jack! The hair early resembles that in the woodcut!

William Kendall said...

She has a wonderful smile!

Bill said...

You captured her beauty. Nice shots.

Kay said...

Hien is beautiful and the similarity to the woodcut is obvious. What a wonderful smile!

Gunn said...

BRAVO!

Great model and great photographs!

jennyfreckles said...

I can see why you spotted the similarity. She's beautiful in both moods.