Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Age is No Barrier Week: 3. 5th Avenue


5th Avenue is a barbershop quartet that has entertained audiences in southwest Florida
for more than ten years.  They are affiliated with The Paradise Coastmen Chorus,
a men's a capella chorus happily singing their hearts out since 1974.



Each member of 5th Avenue is a retired man in his 70s, including
a former manufacturer and two insurance agents.
Dave Eastlake, Tenor; Gray Poehler, Lead; Bill Countie, Bass and Richard Klym, Baritone.

18 comments:

Ed said...

Nice work. You're never too old to sing. In fact it does keep you young. I always appreciate seeing and hearing about barbershop quartets. I've spent a good part of my life singing in quartets and choruses, just like these guys.

Kate said...

Haven't heard a barbershop quartet in years. Creative fun can be enjoyed at any age!!

Sharon said...

What fun!

Karl said...

A nice quartet, I bet they sing much better than many others !

Sylvia K said...

Terrific!! Wish I could hear them sing! Never too old to have fun and to enjoy!! Hope your week is going well!!

RedPat said...

Good for them!

VP said...

I am sure they are great!

EG CameraGirl said...

I do enjoy the 4-part harmony sung by barbershop quartets!

Birdman said...

I get sweaty palms just hearing that compound word: barbershop. Yikes! They sing too.

Birdman said...

*ps Go see BC on St, Louis Daily Photo. Attention: golf question for you. Ha.

William Kendall said...

They look quite dapper!

Randy said...

They look like a happy group.

Tanya Breese said...

i like the way they look!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Snappy dressers as well.. The 'boys' are fab!

Lois said...

I was thinking the same as William....very dapper! I love the red.

Luis Gomez said...

Love it! Great image.

SRQ said...

Those those sporty red vests and bow ties. I bet they're a popular group in the area.

Kay said...

I like well done a capella. I'll bet they hit all the right notes.