Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Age is No Barrier Week: 2. Ellie and Ben

So, if you have had successful careers as an estate planning lawyer and as an orthopedic surgeon,
what is your encore when you retire to southwest Florida?

Easy.


Ben (74) and Ellie (73) give tours of Naples' best places for chocolate on Fifth Avenue South.
Naples Chocolate Stroll offers popular walking tours three days a week in season.
A two-hour option includes visits to eight food boutiques with good chocolate offerings
. . .  fudge, chocolate gelato, chocolate mint tea, truffles, toll house cookies, etc.  A slightly
longer stroll includes stops at five art galleries, where wine and chocolate are served.

Can you think of a better way to spend your retirement years?

20 comments:

Mersad said...

I'm sure they are enjoying them selves immensely and that their tours are great.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Jack, can you book me in on a chocolate tour with Ben and Ellie, what a delicious way to spend retirement, bet they meet some excellent people along the way.. We chocolate chompers are fun folk :)

sonia a. mascaro said...

What a very nice couple!

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

That does sound pretty good!

Duncan In Kuantan

Sharon said...

I think they have come up with the perfect retirement option. I'd book one of their tours in a heartbeat.

Kate said...

Yup! I'd vote for spending time on the beach in a Mexican country. Lots of ways to volunteer there, too.
This successful couple looks very happy.

EG CameraGirl said...

Super way to meet happy people and remain active!

Sylvia K said...

Now that is the way to wind it down -- wind, not drag!!! They do look happy and what a great choice for the day, Jack, as always! Hope your week is off to a great start!!

LOLfromPasa said...

Not at all...I'm inspired :).

cieldequimper said...

You've (they've) just given me an idea for retirement. If I ever make it to retirement. And if anyone actually wants to pay for something that they can do without chaperones!

VP said...

A chocolate stroll is definitely my kind of sport!

RedPat said...

I find it a bit odd - I guess I'm not a chocolate freak so wouldn't want to eat that much of it. Now a potato chip tour is another matter! Good for them though.

William Kendall said...

Since I am a chocolate freak, I would enjoy that!

Birdman said...

Love needhams. Do they have them? I'm on my way.

Michelle said...

Sounds like they have made retirement fun and interesting! I am guessing they meet some wonderful people giving these tours.

Lois said...

No I cannot! You had me at chocolate.

Randy said...

Nice looking couple.

Bob Crowe said...

Taking, and maybe finally selling, pictures?

SRQ said...

Chocolate stroll?! Awesome concept. And, one that many can take a bite out of…I would imagine.

Kay said...

Oh, yeah! That could rank right up at the top!