Sunday, May 28, 2017

John is Not Partying Yet

 Thanks for all of the kind thoughts and prayers.  John is healing but he is not ready for partying yet.

John is out of intensive care, but he developed a severe allergic reaction to anti-seizure medications.
So, he spent last week in Connecticut's burn center, with skin looking like a boiled lobster.  (Most has peeled off except for the worst arm, and there is no scarring.)  He is still at the burn center. 

John is very weak from five weeks in a hospital bed.  And, he can't swallow, so he can't drink or eat.   He is restrained so he doesn't pull the tubes out.  And, he is confused and has no short term memory.  But he is alive, with good prospects for a full or nearly full recovery.  Once John can eat on his own, off he goes to a rehab hospital.  

Keep praying and beaming those positive thoughts.  They are working.

17 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

The best to both of you and your family. Hopefully, John will be dancing soon.

Sharon said...

Glad to hear this. I'll keep the good vibes heading in your direction.

Ed said...

Sounds like a good prognosis. My prayers are with you. We're all pulling for John.

William Kendall said...

One day at a time. I hope the recovery process goes smoothly.

Halcyon said...

So happy to hear this good news. Sending positive thoughts that things continue to improve and John has a quick and full recovery.

Bill said...

Glad to hear this good news. I will send positive thoughts John's way for continuing improvement.

Taken For Granted said...

Our positive thoughts continue to go out to John and to you. May his progress in recovery continue.

Tamera said...

Sending positive and comforting thoughts from Colorado! I hope he recovers soon and is back to partying! Tamera

Linda said...

Ouch, reactions to meds can be awful. Best wishes to John.

brattcat said...

thanks for the update. hang in there, all of you!

RedPat said...

You are in my thoughts, Jack.

jennyfreckles said...

That sounds better news, Jack. I'm praying for his full healing, skin and all, and particularly for the return of his short-term memory and his capacity to swallow. He will, I'm sure, feel much better once those start coming back. Praying for you too, for stamina and resilience. Hope the news continues positive. I'm sure he'll be partying again one day. xx

Tanya Breese said...

i am sorry he had a set back with the reaction, sounds painful but it does sound like our prayers are working so sending more jack!

Kay said...

What a saga! I'm pleased to hear the prognosis is good but it's been a trial for everyone. I hope he'll become more himself soon. I'm still in beaming mode. Thanks for the update.

Mo said...

I do hope John is well on the way to total recovery. A stressful time for you all.

SRQ said...

Your son remains in my prayers, Jack. Praying for a full, speedy and healthy recovery!

Stefan Jansson said...

My condolences about your son jack.