Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Out of the Jurisdiction: Snorkeling

 John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Largo is near the start of the Florida Keys.
It is the first undersea park in the United States,  We took a boat ride into
the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, home to extensive coral reefs.




Then we snorkeled for an hour,





The snorkeling was fun.  I have a rarely used waterproof camera that was given its turn.
After some blurry shots as I was getting used to the camera (and snorkeling),
I thought the camera gave a good account of itself.


Then, chilling at sundown on the beach at Cheeca Lodge in Islamorada before dinner.

7 comments:

RedPat said...

That looks like quite an adventure, Jack! You sure get around to different places! The underwater pics are great.

Sharon said...

Great shots with that underwater camera! Looks like fun.

William Kendall said...

That blue fish is quite a sight!

boromax said...

Great stuff! High fives! Beautiful photography, and kudos for the adventuresomeness (!).

Michelle said...

Looks like a fantastic experience! Love your underwater photos.

LuiZ FernandoS said...

Thanks for the opportunity to see underwater. I don't think I could do it

jennyfreckles said...

Great shots underwater, congratulations. I could never do that, I hate swimming. So it's good to get a glimpse of what I'm missing.