Thursday, September 6, 2018

Woodstock Fair

 

It is fair season in Connecticut.  I went to the Woodstock Fair in eastern Connecticut.



Vintage trucks and tractors had admirers.


Crowds paraded through the food tents, midway games and carnival rides.


Cows were rock stars.


The Killingly High School cheerleaders performed next to an ice cream stand.



Kids had their faces painted.  A balloon artist handed out balloon animals. 


A 1,576 pound pumpkin won the prize as the biggest. 



 Tattoos were prominent.


And kids won lots of blue ribbons.

8 comments:

Andy said...

Looks like you had a great time. Country Fairs are a sure sign that summer is coming to an end.

jennyfreckles said...

I love such fairs. This looks quite similar in style to ours, except yours have more flags - and pumpkins!

Kate said...

A smaller fair than the Minnesota State Fair that claims its the largest in the nation, but your feature offers so many of the same attractions. You have a wonderful medley of photos that shows the variety of activities and the people what attend.

RedPat said...

They had a huge crowd judging from your pics, Jack! The Canadian National Exhibition just ended here on Monday and that is the unofficial end of summer for us but the smaller fairs in towns continue for a month or so.

William Kendall said...

Quite a mix of people out and about. September and early October here also see a good number of these fairs in the smaller towns, including where I grew up.

boromax said...

Fantastic photos! I feel like I experienced the fair in person (almost, kinda).

Kate said...

Someday I am going to tell google what I think of their "automatic correct" which usually produces a nonsensical phrase, clause or sentence. I have enough trouble of my own remembering to proofread!

Bill said...

A fun time for all those who attend. I used take my daughter every year when she was young to the Oregon State fair. We had lots of fun times there. A great feel of the fair from your photos, Jack!