Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Out of the Jurisdiction: Ouarzazate to Marrakech

It was a long day.  We began with a tour of a kasbah designed for short people, so I couldn't go in.  We then went to a cinema museum that didn't interest me, followed by a long, bumpy and winding ride over the Atlas Mountains to Marrakech.  I was on the wrong side of the coach to take pictures.


So, for today I offer only a placekeeper photo.  This is the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait-Ben-Haddou, a fortified village in the Atlas Mountains on the caravan route between the Sahara Desert and Marrakech.  Many movies have been filmed here.  It is now almost completely abandoned.

5 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

Oh dear, that's the trouble with organised tours, but I wouldn't fancy tackling that part of the world on my own.

RedPat said...

I hope the rest of the tour goes well, Jack!

William Kendall said...

That's a showstopper view.

Sharon said...

Oh but what a placekeeper photo it is! I love it. It reminds me so much of the native American pueblos in the southwest. Gorgeous.

Bill said...

What an incredible view!