Thursday, September 14, 2017

Out of the Jurisdiction: More Barcelona

A hodge lodge of photographs from walking around Barcelona.


I saw two paintings by this immensely talented but anonymous street artist.


A statue of Francesc Cambo, a conservative Catlonian politician of the first half of the 20th century.


An informal memorial at the site of the terrorist murders in La Rambla.


When most citizens were illiterate, a bust of a woman indicated that prostitutes were available.


Somewhere in the Born district.


A building with an otherwise traditional design surprises with pushpins dotting the façade.





Four details from Casa Battlõ, a modernist (art nouveau) building by Antoni Gaudi.

7 comments:

RedPat said...

Great ics, Jack! I hope you got to tour the Gaudi building a bit!

Taken For Granted said...

Excellent collection of Barcelona photos. They bring it all back. Especially enjoyed seeing your Gaudi detail photos.

jennyfreckles said...

I think I might like the other Gaudi buildings even more than the cathedral.

Sharon said...

I was looking forward to what you had in store for us today and I wasn't disappointed. Great shots. I love the "pushpins" building and of course there is a never ending supply of things to photograph in the Gaudi architecture.

William Kendall said...

Some amazing architecture there, Jack.

Michelle said...

I haven't visited Barcelona. I do like the pushpins! The architecture is quite beautiful and unique.

Charlestonjoan said...

Amazing architecture. I would love to go there.