Monday, January 30, 2017

Out of the Jurisdiction: St. Armands Circle Art Festival I

I had to make a quick trip to Tampa.  On the way back, I stopped to see an art festival in Sarasota.


Ted Davis prints his photographs on shiny aluminum, which makes the colors pop and the light glow.



St. Armands Circle has classical statues all over the place.  I couldn't pass by without clicking.


Cindy Hirt sparkles at least as much as her turquoise and green framed mirrors.


It is easy to see that she did the painting.   Michelle Hinz said that, even with her paint-spattered apron, it is amazing how many people ask if she is the artist.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I've had several of my photos printed on metal. I like the way photos with bright colors or something metallic look on the shiny surface. Cindy sort of blends in with her artistic mirrors.

Lois said...

Interesting place. I used to live in Sarasota many years ago and I remember St. Armands Circle.

I'm getting used to my new MacBook Pro by the way and so far I like it. I had been using a 2011 model too, but it had been limping along for awhile before finally giving up.

RedPat said...

More nice portraits, Jack!

William Kendall said...

The classical statues particularly draw my eye.

Michelle said...

The photos printed on aluminum does intrigue me. I need to research this process a bit.

Tanya Breese said...

cindy and michelle match their work! i need to check out the alum printing, sounds interesting!

jennyfreckles said...

I wonder if her entire house is turquoise too?

Karl said...

I love Art Festivals, beautiful images !