Plaza de Armas is a big square that is the centerpiece of Cuzco.
La Compania or the Company of Jesus Christ is a Catholic church at one end of the plaza.
Baroque in style, it was reconstructed in 1660 after one of the biggest earthquakes to hit Cuzco.
The cathedral is on the side. It has three main parts, with the basilica in the center. Constructed for over a century from 1559 to 1669, it has about 300 paintings in European styles, often by Peruvian artists. It also has a wealth of ornate gold and silver decoration and a choir carved from cedar.
The plaza has been the heart of Cuzco since the time of the Incas.
A large fountain is near the center of the plaza. An Inca king is at the top.
Apart from the church and cathedral, the plaza is ringed by two-story colonnaded buildings.
And welcome to Belmond Hotel Monasterio.