Sunday, December 20, 2015

Out of the Jurisdiction: Church in Georgetown

While I was up on the North Shore of Massachusetts on Friday,
I drove around some of the little towns I knew when I was a kid.


The congregational church in Georgetown caught my eye.  It was a dull day with light rain, and the image of the church was already pretty drab.  So, I went all the way and made it black and white.
To my eye, this makes the architectural details stand out while masking the blah-ness of the weather.

11 comments:

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

What a delightful building - presumably mostly constructed of timber? The rather flat lighting works really well on this one.

Lowell said...

That's what a New England Congregational Church should look like, although this is a bit more ornate than some. Nice shot!

Sharon said...

Good job on that photo. I can't tell it was a nasty day at all. Beautiful details on that church.

cieldequimper said...

The black and white enhances the winter mood.

Bob Crowe said...

A good reason to use B&W, one of many. The arches under the peaked roof are an unusual feature.

Sylvia K said...

A beautiful capture of a truly beautiful church and the B&W capture is perfect for the day!! I do hope you have a wonderful week and a great holiday, Jack!! Enjoy!!

William Kendall said...

It stands out beautifully!

Kay said...

Very nice quality black and white. Our weather looks as if it's going to prompt me to make a similar switch.

EG CameraGirl said...

Black and white can be quite magical! It looks great here.

Kate said...

It is an attractive building and works well with B&W.

Karl said...

What a beautiful and lovely church !