Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Out of the Jurisdiction: Lyon at night

Equal time for well-lit Lyon at night.


Lyon takes pride in illuminating its major buildings and parks.  The pedestrian bridge across the Saone River faces the Palais de Justice.  The basilica stands above.


At the end of the pedestrian bridge, The Weight of Oneself stands, portraying a man holding himself. (There must be deep psychological undertones . . . get a pencil and exam booklet and start writing.)
It is a new statue by Scandinavian artists Elmgreen and Dragset.


A carousel stands in Place de la Republique.


This quiet fountain sits at the other end of Place de la Republique.


At night Rue Merciere is full of diners and flaneurs.

13 comments:

LOLfromPasa said...

Wow! Your night shots are wonderful. Lyon looks a beautiful place day or night.

Kate said...

Great nighttime photos. Had one of my best meals in Lyon…years ago.

Karl said...

Beautiful and interesting night- and street shots, Jack, your camera has no minute of rest ! :)

Sylvia K said...

Ah, I do love your night shots, Jack!! Lyon is such a beautiful city!! Wish I were there right now, but your pics are the next best thing!! Thanks, as always, for sharing the fun and the beauty!! Hope your week is going well!! Enjoy!!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous by night, Jack!

Birdman said...

Hahahahahahahaha
Hilarious. 'a man holding himself'. Heck I'm still grinning. You are just too funny. I bet you're right over the heads of many today, Buddy.

Mo said...

Looks like you are having a great holiday

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Great nighttime photography, Jack. Personally I have enough trouble getting one of myself upstairs these days; I don't need another one of me to carry.

RedPat said...

The sculpture reminds me of Narcissus, Jack! What a beautiful place you are in - the Rue Merciere looks like my kind of place - wish I was there.

Tanya Breese said...

oh my goodness, these are super!! i wish i was there!

Michelle said...

Looks like a lovely place to spend the evening...or anytime!

Taken For Granted said...

Great night photography. Either you have a very steady hand, or a tripod.

Cezar and Léia said...

We visited this adorable city last year, thanks for the beautiful memories from there. Love your pictures and the lights of streets at night.
A great selection, thanks for sharing! I just want to visit there again soon!
Leia